Inviwo has the following growing list of features:
- Volume Import
.dat (internal), .raw,
.pvm (used in the Volume Library)
.nii NIfTI (commonly used for Neuroimaging, MRI and fMRI, data)
- Image Import
.bmp, .raw, .exr, .jpg, .png, etc (using the CImg Library)
- Geometry Import with more than 40 different ones through the “Open Asset Import Library, i.e. Assimp“
- Clipping (Axis-aligned and Arbitrary Planes).
- Flexible Transfer Function editing.
- Volume and Image Processing
- GPU-based Volume Ray-Casting (OpenGL, OpenCL).
- Geometry Integration.
- Slice Inspection.
- Touch-based Interaction
- Local Shading and Global Volume Illumination
- Transparent Geometry Rendering (using an A-Buffer)
- Height Fields